Your Best Private Jet Travel Options for Summer 2021
With vaccinations on the rise and the world reopening, you may be wondering when and where you’re able to travel via private jet this summer. Different restrictions apply depending on the country and region, as well as your own vaccination and COVID-19 testing status.
The good news is that international travel becomes more accessible by the day, and fully vaccinated travelers can look forward to a summer where travel to several desirable locations is possible with little difficulty.
While the world finds itself in a much better place than just a year ago, the safest and most comfortable way to enjoy travel again is pairing Jet Linx private aviation services with our plane to pillow Elevated Lifestyle Preferred Hotel Program. This industry-first program provides exclusive access and perks to the finest hotels in the world – properties that also invest in the safety of their guests and ensure the highest level of enjoyment with the lowest possible amount of risk.
With over 50 international destinations in the Preferred Hotels Program, we have created a quick guide to the rules and regulations currently in place. Please note – these travel restrictions are subject to frequent change, and the best policy is to stay in touch with your local Jet Linx team ahead of an international trip – we’d love to hear from you either way.
As of April 12, vaccinated travelers who had their final dose 21 days (or more) prior to arrival only need to stay in place for seven days (down from 14). Travelers still need to submit a COVID-19 test result three to five days before arrival and undergo a second test on arrival. From July 1, Anguilla is removing the fee and quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated visitors. The entry protocols will be revised and eventually eliminated by October 1.
- As part of the exclusive Preferred Hotels program, Jet Linx clients can enjoy a stay at Belmond Cap Juluca or Malliouhana while away in Anguilla.
While there are no Jet Linx Preferred Hotels in the Bahamas at this time, as of May 1, vaccinated travelers do not need to show proof of a negative PCR test. Unvaccinated travelers must show proof of a negative PCR test taken no more than five days before arrival, and then take another rapid antigen test on the fifth day of a trip. Feel free to reach to our Elevated Lifestyle travel partners to start planning a memorable escape!
All travelers, even those fully vaccinated, must show proof of a negative PCR test take 96 hours before departure, and quarantine for 14 days upon entering Colombia.
- With a two-week quarantine necessary, Jet Linx clients can enjoy an extended stay at the Sofitel Legend Hotel in Cartagena, Colombia.
American citizens can travel to Costa Rica without a negative PCR test or proof of vaccination. However, tourists traveling to Costa Rica must have valid travel insurance, which covers potential quarantine accommodation up to $2,000 and medical expenses of at least $50,000 related to COVID-19.
- Jet Linx clients can take advantage of two Preferred Hotels in Costa Rica: Kasiiya Papagayo and Nayara Springs.
The Dominican Republic is open for travel, with no testing requirements or quarantine necessary.
- Jet Linx Preferred Hotel partners Casa de Campo and Eden Roc Cap Cana offer perfect getaways for nature-loving adventurers.
Beginning on June 9, 2021, fully vaccinated American citizens can acquire a pass sanitaire that allows entry to France.
- With a reopening on June 9, Jet Linx clients are gifted extra time to plan an extraordinary stay at Auberge du Jeu de Paume, spread across 19,000 acres in Domaine de Chantilly. Jet Linx clients can also book mountain retreats at Megéve and Courchevel, both part of the Ultima Collection.
As of May 1, 2021, vaccinated US travelers will be allowed entry with a negative PCR test taken 3 days prior, must upload an online vaccination certificate, take an antigen test on arrival and must self-test for COVID-19 on day four after arrival.
- Jet Linx clients can book a luxurious beach vacation at The Brando.
U.S. citizens can enter by completing the Passenger Locator Form at least 24 hours prior to arrival and have a negative PCR test completed 72 hours prior to arrival or a vaccination card (showing all doses and having 14 days transpire since the last dose) – which will exempt them from quarantine.
- Jet Linx clients can reward themselves with a seaside Mediterranean retreat at Corfu, a part of the Ultima Collection.
Effective May 1, 2021, US citizens providing proof of full vaccination will only be required to quarantine for up to 48 hours, pending a negative result from a PCR test administered on entry.
- The immaculate infinity pool at Silversands Grenada awaits for Jet Linx clients to enjoy!
Italy is expected to open travel to vaccinated Americans beginning in mid-May, although there has been no official announcement or dates provided by Italian authorities.
- Jet Linx clients can begin to plan an adventurous journey to Rome with a stay at Fendi Private Suites or Margutta 19.
Currently, all travelers who are age 12 and over must present a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test result in order to take a flight to Jamaica. The test must be taken no more than three days prior to your arrival in Jamaica. Travelers must also gain authorization to travel by submitting personal health information and intended stay information.
- If you’re seeking a Jamaican vacation, there’s no better place than Half Moon Jamaica, home of the Sugar Mill, Jamaica’s best restaurant.
Americans can embark to Mexico through the air without taking a COVID-19 test before departing, but some health screenings may take place upon arrival, and certain areas have curfews and other health restrictions in place.
- The Preferred Hotel program currently has 17 destinations in Mexico, from resorts in beachy Baja California to the time-tested Yucatan Peninsula, to ever-trendy Mexico City.
American travelers to Morocco must have reservations with a tour group or with a hotel to enter and must show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of departure.
- Adventurous Jet Linx clients will be rewarded with an unforgettable stay at Royal Mansour, a palatial hotel in the center of Marrakech.
Anyone over the age of two, vaccinated or unvaccinated, must submit proof of a negative COVID-19 test up to 72 hours prior to arrival and must complete a travel declaration form upon arrival.
Reports at the end of April indicated that Spain would reopen its borders for travel beginning in June. A digital health passport would be required to show proof of vaccination, a recent COVID-19 test, or recent recovery from illness.
- Once Spain reopens, Jet Linx clients can book an extraordinary getaway at Hotel Roger de Llúria.
All inbound visitors (including vaccinated travelers) to St. Barths are required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR test result, from a test taken within 3 days prior to arrival in St. Barths. Children age 10 or younger are exempt from this requirement.
- Preferred Hotels Cheval Blanc and Le Barthélemy Hotel and Spa offer a potent dose of island luxury for Jet Linx clients.
Americans that provide a negative COVID-19 test result no more than five days before entering are allowed to the picturesque island nation of St. Lucia.
- The EL Preferred Hotel Program offers three properties in St. Lucia: Jade Mountain, Ladera Resort and Viceroy Sugar Beach.
Americans can visit as long as they provide negative test results taken no more than 72 to 120 hours prior to departure, depending on which airport they’ll be flying to. In addition, travelers must fill out a mandatory health authorization application prior to departure. St. Martin also requires travelers to have health insurance coverage that will cover COVID-19 related expenses.
- Belmond La Samanna offers refined, tropical luxury at every turn for Jet Linx clients that seek a proper Caribbean getaway.
St. Vincent & the Grenadines
Americans entering St. Vincent and the Grenadines must offer proof of a negative COVID-19 test no more than 72 hours before arrival, and another test will be administered upon arrival. No matter the results, travelers must quarantine for 14 days in a hotel. Vaccinated travelers must also provide a negative PCR test taken within three days of travel and retest upon arrival, complete a seven-day quarantine in a hotel, and must be retested on day five of quarantine.
- For those that can take a seven to 14 day sojourn to St. Vincent and the Grenadines, blissful properties such as the Canouan Estate and the Mandarin Oriental both offer over-the-top quarantine spots.
Americans can now enter Thailand provided they have proof of a negative coronavirus test result issued no more than 72 hours before departure. Testing and quarantine are still required regardless of vaccination status, but the quarantine duration can be shortened from 10 to seven days with proof of vaccination.
- Layan Residences by Anantara offers the perfect destination for an extended stay with pristine views of Sirinath National Park.
All international visitors to Turkey must show proof of a negative test taken no more than 72 hours before their flight. Passengers will also be required to fill out an entry form within 72 hours of their flights, but visitors should know that restricted operating hours and lack of in-person dining options are possible.
- Six Senses Kocatas Mansions in Istanbul offer a well-heeled retreat where old meets new and East meets West, all on the banks of the beautiful Bosphorus Strait.
Turks & Caicos
Visitors older than 10 must provide a negative COVID-19 test result taken no more than five days before arrival and must share some health information prior to arrival. No quarantine is required.
- The Grace Bay Club offers elegant crystal waters to kick off a summer of travel.
Jet Linx continues to closely follow the changing rules and regulations, as information on this list is subject to sudden and frequent change. The easiest and best solution is to call your local Jet Linx team to inquire about current travel restrictions. If you do plan an international adventure, rest assured that our teams will closely monitor restrictions that may affect your final destination or flight path.
Wherever you may plan to go this summer, using the Preferred Hotels Program, in conjunction with Jet Linx private aviation services, offers the safest and most comfortable way to enjoy a return to a more normal world.
Please contact our team today to begin planning your return to travel abroad.