The price of a private jet is actually up to your personal needs. Whether you require a jet for business or leisure, you have varying options, and outright ownership is not for everyone. Luckily, there are many other cost-effective solutions that Jet Linx can offer.
To get straight to the point, private jet prices all depend on how you want to fly.
At Jet Linx, we recommend starting with an evaluation of your personal needs. There are many factors to consider when determining what private aviation path is right for you:
- How many hours will you fly annually?
- How far away is your most frequent destination?
- What is most important to you – guaranteed availability or price?
Your Personal Jet Company is here to help answer these important questions and guide you to the best solution.
Which Type of Aircraft Is Best for You?
To begin your private aviation journey, you’ll want to consider your most common destinations and the distance to each. If you will be flying less than an average of 500 miles, you will likely not need a jet to meet your needs. Instead, a turboprop will be sufficient for most of your flights. While longer flights can be accommodated by a turboprop, they won’t be as timely or as cost effective as a jet.
Conversely, if you will be flying more than 500 miles on average, a jet would be an appropriate solution for your travel needs. Although a turboprop is more cost-effective to operate hourly, the speed of a jet means less time in the air – making up for the total hourly cost when compared to a turboprop.
How Often Will You Fly?
The total hours you will fly annually is one of the most important factors when deciding whether Jet Card program, charter, fractional, or whole ownership is right for you.
If you intend on flying over 200 hours each year, whole aircraft ownership, coupled with turnkey aircraft management solutions, is the best solution for you. You also may want to consider aircraft ownership if you plan on flying 100 to 200 hours annually. The higher utilization and applicable tax benefits will ultimately determine if this is the right choice for you.
When flying 100 to 200 hours and evaluating the benefits of a Jet Card program or fractional ownership, ask yourself the following:
- Do you feel comfortable with a $1 million or more aircraft purchase?
- Can you benefit from the tax depreciation associated with owning a fraction of an aircraft?
- Can you confidently predict your utilization in three to five years?
- Can you wait until the end of a contract to know your actual cost per hour?
If yes, then fractional ownership may be the best path for you. If you answered no to any of the above, our Jet Card program can provide a solution perfect for your private jet needs.
When flying less than 100 hours per year, owning an aircraft will not provide a cost-effective solution. For anyone flying less than 100 hours per year, we recommend charter, fractional ownership, or our Jet Linx Jet Card program.
Will You Need Immediate Access to Your Aircraft?
If you need immediate access to an aircraft, plan to travel on holidays, or plan to stay at a destination for more than two days, then our Jet Card program would be a good fit for you. If you answered no to any of these questions, then charter – with no guarantee of availability or hourly rates – might fit your needs.
A Jet Card offers an aircraft where you need it, when you need it, guaranteed. Looking for a trusted partner in private aviation, with guaranteed access to a private jet on your schedule? We encourage you to learn more about our Jet Card, which offers these benefits:
- Guaranteed jet availability
- Guaranteed hourly rates
- Guaranteed highest standard of safety, with ARGUS Platinum, Wyvern Wingman and IS-BAO Stage 3 Safety Ratings
- Pay only for the hours you fly
- Earn flight credits through your Elevated Lifestyle program with deeper benefits through
- Elevated Lifestyle Plus (EL+)
- Enjoy flight credits for signed referrals
- Find incredible rates on empty legs
- State-of-the-art mobile app for quoting, booking and more
Learn more about our Jet Card program here.