Welcome to Destination 225°, an exciting new program in partnership with Southwest Airlines® that provides motivated and capable candidates with a career path from private aviation (Part 135) with Jet Linx to the commercial airlines (Part 121). Through this program, pilots can enjoy a unique “career lifecycle solution,” with ways to elevate and extend their flight career every step of their journey. Jet Linx is excited to offer talented pilots the opportunity to build time flying as a part of our Part 135 fleet, and to share in our culture and values as they prepare for the next stage in their career. And for retiring commercial pilots seeking to continue a life serving clients through flight, Jet Linx offers a pathway back to Part 135 operations from our Base locations across the country.
Interested in the Destination 225° program? Here’s what you need to know:
- Possess a USA DOT/FAA First-Class Medical Certificate
- Have or be able to obtain a valid passport with the ability to travel in and out of the United States
- Have a high school diploma or equivalency
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Be authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without the need for company sponsorship of an employment-based visa now or in the future
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Be able to pass the prescreening requirements needed for employment at Jet Linx and Southwest Airlines® (e.g. drug testing and background check)
- Be able to relocate for the duration of the program and future job opportunities
On a compass rose, 225° is the southwest heading, and Destination 225° offers a pathway from trusted partners like Jet Linx to future flight careers with Southwest Airlines®. The program paves the way to a career at the nation’s largest domestic carrier based on passengers carried. Southwest is regularly recognized among the best companies in the world and as a great place to work.
Jet Linx is proud to be a founding Destination 225° partner.